Volunteering to improve the kinds of educational experiences offered in schools is one of the most fulfilling ways to be part of your community. At the Digital Human Library, we know that caring members of a community are essential to our success, providing invaluable contributions to children in our schools.
As the dHL continues to grow, so does our need for volunteers. If you are looking for opportunities to make a long-lasting, positive difference in the lives of students in your community, across Canada, and around the world, then we need you!
We offer excellent opportunities, training, and support, and we work with you to ensure your time spent with us is productive, and fun!
Join the dedicated team of Digital Human Library volunteers and you will see how your time and contributions will make a difference in the lives of students across Canada! Contact us to learn more!
Who are Digital Human Library volunteers?
We look for people who demonstrate passion for their role, dedication, and commitment to furthering learning for students. Above all, our volunteers must:
- Be serious about their volunteer commitment
- Treat others with kindness, empathy and respect
- Be committed and open to new learning
- Have energy, enthusiasm, a positive attitude and strong social skills
- Possess a desire to make a positive difference in education for kids
- Regional/ Provincial Library Curators
- Social Media Marketing (Twitter, Facebook, etc)
- Web Development and/or Support
- Other… we welcome ideas for contributions outside of the opportunities listed here!
Volunteer Requirements and Process
The requirements and process to become a volunteer include the following:
- Attend a volunteer information session
- Have enough time to commit yourself to a mutually agreed upon number of hours/ projects
- Enjoy learning, teaching, and developing innovative ways to engage students with the curriculum
- Complete an interview
- Provide references
- Attend the mandatory training sessions required for the position applied
Contact us to learn more about how you can get involved!
This post is also available in: French